Taxation logo taxation mission text

Since 1927 the leading authority on tax law, practice and administration

More toilet humour

Apr 11, 2008, 10:22 AM
Authors : Richard
Show link : Yes
Show link in individual comments : No
Show Printer-friendly URLs list : Yes
User can post comments : No
Display comments : No
Sticky at top of lists : No
Promoted to front page : No
Premium content : No
Feature in listings page : No
Post date : Apr 11, 2008, 10:22 AM
I know that Taxation bloggers seem to have a special affinity with toilet humour, so I am just wondering why it’s not occurred to me before now that HMRC refer, or always used to at least, to changes of employment, etc. as movements.
No jokes please (OK, jokes please), but this was where – in my day at least – many new entrants into employment with the Inland Revenue used to start their training, dealing with incoming forms P45 and P46 and arranging for the transfer of files, etc.
The expression 'I’m working on movements' will never quite be the same again.
A quick Google led me to a 2008 reference to 'PAYE In Year Movements (P45, P46 or similar pension information)', so I guess that the terminology is still in use.
Was it called movements because this was when there was a change of jobs?

For a more serious view of all things tax, go to
Tags :
Tax Topic Tags :
  • Blog
back to top icon