Taxation logo taxation mission text

Since 1927 the leading authority on tax law, practice and administration
Issue: Vol 170, Issue 4384

Issue: Vol 170, Issue 4384

14 Dec 2012
The tax treatment of wine is examined by TOBY CROOKS
Sales and transfers of Christmas plants may fall into different VAT categories, explains NEIL WARREN
ROBERT MAAS reveals a strange tax case

On the basis erratic fiction is all the rage, we accepted an article by CHRIS WILLIAMS, but it turned out to be more CPD James than EL James

A client has various pension funds – some personal pensions and some retirement annuity policies – with different life companies. The death benefits are written in trust for his wife
A client provides “life coaching” services and courses to private individuals – executives of large companies – through a limited company
Our client’s wife died and left him 40% of the shares in a small limited company that operates a consultancy business. The other 60% were divided equally between their three adult daughters. Their...
A main residence was purchased in April 2007 and the owner lived in it until October 2012 when he let it and moved into a rented property. He plans to sell a disused farm building on the property to a...
Sleighed; I’ll be back; Season of goodwill; Reduced plot
Finance Bill 2013
Restricting offset of losses could suppress entrepreneurship, says CIOT
Failure to disclose could lead to 150% penalty
Transitional rules for chargeable periods that overlap 1 January
New powers will take effect in April
Commonsense view of reasonable excuse claims
back to top icon