Taxation logo taxation mission text

Since 1927 the leading authority on tax law, practice and administration
Issue: Vol 167, Issue 4294

Issue: Vol 167, Issue 4294

22 Feb 2011
JOHN WOOLLEY summarises the impact of the removal of the omission to exercise a right rule on registered pension plans

Is stormy weather approaching for tax avoidance schemes? SIMON MCKIE suggests measures promoters might take to ensure they are waterproof

Do love and business mix? ROB DURRANT-WALKER suggests that, with a little care, they can
PHILIP FISHER highlights both a challenge and an opportunity for employers of expatriate employees
A finance company has purchased a personal car registration plate with the initials of its director and wishes to claim tax relief on the basis that this advertises the business
A limited company has two otherwise unconnected shareholders. One owns 70% of the shares, while the other owns 30%. They wish to draw unequal dividends, but not by way of dividend waiver
An employee is to be made redundant in February and will receive a payment in lieu of notice. Would there be a tax advantage in delaying payment until after 5 April 2001 to benefit from lower tax...
A husband and wife run a retail business from a property that they own. They now wish to bring their son into partnership, but not as a co-owner of the property
Tax relief on spouse’s pension contributions; shares paid to overseas shareholder; company car benefit; profit share between divorced couple
Was anyone at Lunn & Co actually qualified?
Have HMRC considered staggered filing deadlines for tax returns?
CT61 was nowhere to be found
Playa Limited's Sussex address was famiiar
Our Right to Reply campaign continues with readers' help...
HMRC will look back five years; maximum fine 20%
back to top icon